Search the Happy Baker blog:

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Getting there...

Hello out there.

I wish I had something amazing for you today. I don't.

I'm in the process of making something amazing, though. Something coconut and macadamia nuts. And graham cracker and kiwi. And white chocolate and cardamom. Crazy, right?

Unfortunately, I don't think it'll be done until tomorrow. It's not a particularly difficult or tedious recipe or anything. In fact, I could probably have it all done in about an hour and a half if I wanted to. But I'm afraid I've gotten distracted. Summer has flashed a grin at me, and like a lovestruck teenager, I'm wandering off after it.

Oh sure, I could be baking. But I haven't been. At least, not for more than an hour or so at a time.

Instead, this is what I've been doing this week.

I had cold spaghetti for breakfast. Two days in a row.

I took out the trash.

I browsed for museums to visit.

I gave my daughter a soap mohawk in the bath tub.

I had friends over for queso and a princess movie.

I painted my nails red.

I changed my mind and repainted them plum.

I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to Fraggle Rock. I didn't change the channel.

I said hello to the snake that lives in my garden.

I used clementine-scented bath gel in the shower.

I noticed that my neighbor's garden is overrun with weeds, and felt better about my own.

I fed my mom's cats.

I took a nap in my hammock.

I went for a walk and waved at my neighbors.

I fell for a prank phone call. But only a little.

I said a prayer for a friend. And then said a couple more.

I picked up the same eight baby toys. Again and again.

I introduced my daughter to tomatoes and avocado.

I stayed up until three o'clock in the morning.

I joined a friends' fundraiser relay team.

I listened to some seriously fantastic bluegrass music.


So you see, I've had a busy week. I promise, I'll have something yummy to you soon. Thanks for being so patient. And for those who are have just subscribed, hello! Good to see you. Thanks for joining us! I just know we're going to be very good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a comment! I love to hear what you have to say!